Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Readers' Top 5 Favorite Recipes of 2014!


Happy New Year!!! Wait, it's one day too early? Fine, I'll keep the bubbly on ice for the moment...but to wrap up 2014, I will share my fabulous readers' (that's you!) Top 5 Favorite Recipes from 'Straight to the Hips, Baby', as well as my personal five favorites from the year. It's hard to believe that we are soon to start 2015, and that my blog is now 1 year old! I have learned so much about food, cooking, and photography over the last 12 months. More than that, I have found an amazing community of cooks and fellow food bloggers that have been nothing but supportive, creative, and even willing to try whatever I serve up!

'Straight to the Hips, Baby', has been a huge creative outlet for me, and it is humbling and exhilarating to learn that some of my recipes have been featured and shared all over the world. I know that this is the time of year to set resolutions, but I prefer goals: I aim to keep cooking, to keep writing, and to keep feeding this wonderful new family & circle of friends that I am fortunate enough to have.

Happy New Year! Happy Eating!

Reader's Top 5 Recipes

1. Pear Vodka Martini. Yes, I totally agree! Taking the number one spot is a delightful drink of juicy pear nectar, pear vodka, and a splash of lemon juice. My most read, featured, & shared post of the year!



2. Fallback Frittata. A delicious baked egg dish made with spinach, goat cheese, and shiitake mushrooms.



 3. Colorful Cabbage Salad. A rainbow of shaved winter vegetables with an asian inspired vinaigrette.



4. Lemon Ricotta Waffles with Fresh Blueberry Sauce. Fluffy lemon scented waffles with sweet blueberry sauce.



5. The Pain Killer Cocktail. A taste of the Caribbean at home. Dark rum, orange, coconut, and pineapple juice with a dusting of fresh nutmeg.



My Personal 5 Favorite Recipes

1. Peach Shortcake with Honeyed Whipped Cream. One of my favorite desserts and every bite is a reminder of summer sunshine!



2. Pomegranate Gin Fizz. A fruity, spicy, and refreshing take on a traditional gin fizz.



3. Savory Stuffed Mushrooms with Marscarpone Cheese & Panko. Tasty little bites & a perfect vegetarian appetizer.



4. Lemon Tart with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust. Bright, fresh, and undeniably lemony



5. Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Eggs Benedict. My favorite breakfast any day! Creamy eggs, smoky salmon, and buttery asparagus.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1 year of blogging! Your recipes look amazing (and it just so happened that I landed on the post with all the faves) - can't wait to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sofia! What a compliment! Your blog is beautiful, by the way. The photographic style, recipes, & writing are amazing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete